We look forward to helping you plan a cruise holiday and we aim to use our expert experience so that you can cruise with confidence.
The key to our success is that we have consultants who CARE, who want to make sure each cruise you take is the best. Our promise to you is that every call and email will always be answered in Australia by CLIA Accredited or Master Cruise Specialists. They live and breathe cruising all day every day!
We are full members of CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) and AFTA (Australian Federation of Travel Agents) ATAS accredited.
Cruisefinder.com.au is the online division of Bicton Travel, acknowledged as Australia’s leading and most awarded cruise specialist agency. Our recent awards include:
- 2018 NTIA People’s Choice Award “Retail Travel Agency of the Year”
- 2017 CLIA Cruise Industry Awards “Cruise Agency of the Year”
- 2017 Cruise Passenger Magazine Readers Choice Awards “Best Travel Agency”
- 2016 Best Cruise Agent – Cruise Passenger magazine
- 2016 Best Travel Agent Single Location – AFTA National Travel Industry Awards
- 2015 Cruise Agency of the Year – CLIA
- 2015 Best Cruise Agent – Cruise Passenger magazine
- 2015 Best Travel Agency Single Location – AFTA National Travel Industry Awards
- 2015 Best Travel Consultant Retail (Phil Smethurst) – AFTA National Travel Industry Awards
- 2014 Cruise Agency of the Year – CLIA
- 2014 Best Individual Travel Agency – Cruise Passenger magazine
- 2014 Best Travel Agency Single Location – AFTA National Travel Industry Awards
- 2013 Cruise Agency of the Year – CLIA
- 2013 Best Individual Travel Agency – Cruise Passenger magazine
- 2012 Best Individual Travel Agency (Finalist) – Cruise Passenger magazine
- 2012 Best Travel Agency Single Location (Finalist) AFTA
- 2011 Cruise Agency of the Year – CLIA
- 2010 Cruise Agency of the Year – CLIA
- 2010 Cruise Consultant of the Year Phil Smethurst – CLIA
Meet our Team Members
CLIA Accredited Cruise Specialist
Byron joined our team in 2016. He has been in the travel industry for close to 25 years and his experience is wide and varied having worked in South Africa, the UK and now Australia which he has called home for 8 years. Cruising is his passion having spent over 120 nights at sea on various cruise lines such at Cunard, Royal Caribbean, Holland America Line, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises.
Destination: New York
Cruise Line: Oceania Cruises for the attentive, personal service and the most amazing cuisine
Hotel: The “Taj” group of hotels in India is a once
in a lifetime experience not to be missed
Tip: Arrange and pay for as much as possible prior to departure, so all there is left to do on holiday is relax and enjoy!
Lee Van Dongen
CLIA Master Cruise Specialist
Lee has been in the travel industry since 2009, he became fascinated by the cruise industry and has grown to be a very knowledgeable cruise expert.
He has been on P&O, Princess, Cunard, Holland America, Carnival, Royal Caribbean & Avalon. Lee decided to take a years sabbatical from work and travel extensively through Europe & the Mediterranean, he visited the UK, Spain, South of France, Extensive travel through Italy, Eastern and Central Europe. He has travelled to Asia, all of Australia and South Pacific Region, His favourite land destination is Poland and his favourite cruise line is Princess Cruises.
Ship: Royal Princess
Hotel: Royal Tulip, Rio
Tip: Where possible prepay your gratuities. One less thing to worry about.
CLIA Accredited Cruise Specialist
Tanya’s passion for travel started with Bali then lead her to work for an Indonesian Wholesaler for 14 years until they closed. Following this she joined another Indonesian Wholesaler for 18 months until she decided it was time for a change. Tanya joined Cruisefinder in August 2018 and did her first cruise on Carnival Legend. Since then she has also sailed on Majestic Princess. She is looking forward to doing many more cruises and learning all there is to know about the cruising industry.
Cruise Line: Carnival – Great for families!
Hotel: Samaya Seminyak
Tip: If you can pre book the tours you would like to do to avoid missing out and being disappointed.